Inhalt des Dokuments
Students will learn how to apply civil systems engineering methods to design complex energy systems. With significant innovations in wind turbines, solar concentrators, storage technologies, and other systems, the design of civil energy systems has become a complex undertaking. Therefore, complex energy systems are a great system to teach advanced systems engineering approaches. The module will allow students to gain an in depth understanding of how civil systems engineering approaches can help to tackle societal important engineering challenges by
- evaluating the socio-technical performance of the system through simulation experiments,
- modelling stochastic energy resources based on historical data, and
- analyzing the life-cycle aspects in terms of failure risks, life-cycle costs, and maintainability.
- Modelling energy systems (wind, solar, bio, hydro, energy storage)
- Energy systems integration
- Integrated Life Cycle analysis of energy systems
- Stochastical data analysis (weather, collective user behavior)
Further information about the module can be found on the dedicated Moses-course-site .